Jiah Khan Case Verdict: Actress in the year 2013He ended his life by hanging himself from the ceiling fan in his house in Mumbai. When her mother Rabia Khan went to the room, the daughter had died. In this case, the decision came after 10 years on Friday and the accused Sooraj Pancholi was acquitted by the court. Apart from Jiah Khan’s mother and Sooraj Pancholi’s family, the people of the industry were also eyeing the court’s decision. Sooraj Pancholi’s family heaved a sigh of relief from the verdict.
At the time Jiah Khan committed suicide, she had become a big name in the film industry at that time. In his short career, he worked with Aamir Khan to Amitabh Bachchan and Akshay Kumar. But at the age of 25, he hanged himself due to sour relations. After several ups and downs in the case and dozens of hearings, the decision came today.
What did the court say?
- Jia Khan entered the world of cinema at a very young age. He made his debut in the year 2007 with the film Nishabd, directed by Ram Gopal Varma. In this she appeared with megastar Amitabh Bachchan. After this she appeared in Ghajini with Aamir and Housefull with Akshay.
- Meanwhile, reports came that Jiah Khan and Aditya Pancholi’s son Sooraj Pancholi are dating each other. But this relationship ended badly.
- Jiah Khan’s dead body was found hanging from the fan in her own house on June 3, 2013. His dead body was first seen by his mother Rabia. Jia had left behind a suicide note before embracing death.
- In the suicide note written by Jia Khan, many serious allegations were leveled against boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi. In the suicide note, Jia made many serious allegations against Sooraj Pancholi like cheating, torturing.
- On the basis of mother’s allegations and suicide note, the police arrested Suraj Pancholi. However, a few days later, the Bombay High Court granted bail to Sooraj Pancholi on July 1, 2013.
- Unhappy with the police investigation, Jiah’s mother filed a petition in the Bombay High Court and appealed to hand over the case to the SIT or the CBI. In the year 2014, the court handed over the case to the CBI.
- In the year 2015, the CBI filed a charge sheet in the Mumbai court in the case and accused Sooraj of abetting Jiah’s suicide.
- In the year 2019, the trial started in the CBI court in this case. After the testimony of many people and several hearings, on April 20, CBI Court Judge AS Sayyed reserved the decision. Today the court acquitted Suraj Pancholi due to lack of evidence.
- While acquitting Suraj Pancholi of the charges of abetment to suicide, the Special CBI Court said that there was a lack of evidence in the case, that is why you cannot be held guilty.