I have a extremely undesirable practice of unintentionally touching my phone’s screen, which typically final results in likely a web page ahead or again in the book I’m looking at or leaving the YouTube video clip I’m seeing — or going to a various TikTok video than the one particular I was just savoring. In addition, if I have to take a phone phone or answer a Slack message, I can shed track of in which I was.
Typically, this is an effortless resolve: I can just back again up to the prior page of the guide or examine out my YouTube heritage. But however, it’s not as quick with TikTok, which doesn’t have a easy way to look at the record of which video clips you have watched.
For case in point, the working day I started off producing this, I unintentionally swiped out of films I was viewing at least two situations and was unable to immediately get back to them. And for the reason that I could not recall the title of the creator, I was essentially sunk.
What to do?
Very well, if I experienced been wise swiftly adequate to “like” the movie — or stick to the creator — it would have been uncomplicated:
- Faucet on the “Me” icon in the reduced-appropriate corner.
- If you “liked” the movie, tap on the coronary heart icon under your profile to see thumbnails of all the videos you’ve liked.
- If you are subsequent the creator, tap on the “Following” link just below your username to see a record of all the creators you’re adhering to. Then faucet on that human being to see thumbnails of all their videos.
However, if you have not yet preferred the video clip or are not pursuing that creator — one thing that usually takes place to me — then the finest way to uncover your enjoy record is to obtain it.
- Go to your profile page (by tapping the “Me” icon in the bottom appropriate), and tap on the a few strains in the higher-appropriate corner.
- Decide on “Privacy” > “Personalization and data” > “Download your data”
- Under the “Request data” tab, pick out no matter whether you want to download your facts as a TXT file or a JSON file, and tap “Processing request”
And hold out. Sad to say, this isn’t a quick procedure it could be at least 24 several hours — or more — right before your info is made available. Right until then, if you go to the “Download data” tab, you will see a grayed-out “Pending” button.
It took about a few times before I noticed the red “Download” button appear under the “Download data” tab. It took me to the world-wide-web version of TikTok, where by I experienced to indicator in all over again and was at last in a position to download a zipped file of my facts. When I unzipped the file, I went to the Activity folder, where by I uncovered text files for Most loved Effects, Favorites Sounds, and so on — together with one particular labeled “Video Browsing.” It was there I at last identified a listing of dates and URLs for the films I’d been on the lookout at.
The moment your information is available, you will be equipped to obtain it for up to 4 days. By the time you ultimately get it, of study course, you may well have entirely overlooked which online video you desired to go back to or why. But it doesn’t harm to have a document of all the movies you have looked at — and you may well be amazed at just how many there are.