A excellent scholar once famous that “there’s an application for that.” Being pregnant is no exception. I use my mobile phone to manage just about almost everything else in my everyday living, so when I discovered out I was pregnant, it was a natural next phase to go on the lookout for an application to maintain my hand by way of the experience. I have been applying a few of well known apps interchangeably — Ovia and What to Count on — and commonly, they’re pretty great. But I have notes.
So with no even more ado, here’s a checklist of needs from me, a pregnant lady with no app growth working experience, to the pregnancy application creators of the earth. It’s the impractical being pregnant tracking application of my desires. And believe that it or not, you can use these strategies for free of charge in your next update. You’re welcome.
- A nap alarm that sends a press notification to the other inhabitants of my home to not disturb me when I established it.
- A shortcut to order a Popeyes rooster sandwich on DoorDash with precedence supply.
- A hotline to contact when I know I’m becoming unreasonably emotional but require to cry about something trivial that took place, like “The pharmacist was a minor small with me,” or “I just really need to have to consume a Frosty ideal now and I’m miles away from the nearest Wendy’s.” My wife or husband does not require this sort of added tension in his lifetime ideal now, and I just want a virtual shoulder to cry on.
- Fetal size comparisons to rapid-food menu objects. Speak my language, please! I do not know how huge a mille-feuille is (and I have even found Bake Off!), but I know particularly how big a McDonald’s hen nugget is.
- Zero mentions of healthful snack recipes, abnormal weight get warnings, or, god forbid, the phrase “You’re not taking in for two!” The fuck I’m not. My overall body is pretty much making a full-ass human from scratch. Often I’m just fatigued, unwell of taking in newborn carrots with hummus, and my soul wants the sort of calming only a bowl of peanut M&Ms can deliver.
- Press notifications for valuable matters, like when I basically need to have to start procuring for a crib or a stroller. In reality, just decide on one for me and plan a Target pickup.
- A “good vibes only” neighborhood forum. I like remaining in a position to hook up with other pregnant men and women who are owing all around the similar time, but studying about complications in other people’s pregnancies sends me into a worry spiral that I just do not need to have appropriate now.
- Every day affirmations that I’m carrying out good and no matter what food or beverage product I’m anxious about placing in my entire body is in all probability fine.
Fellow armchair app builders: did I skip everything? Enable me know in the remarks — just, you know, excellent vibes only.