The largest survey in rural India: 84% of people said they were satisfied with the work of the Modi government

[ad_1]

Bangla Hunt Desk: The large population of rural India is satisfied with the steps taken by the Modi government at the Center and the state governments in the fight against the Corona epidemic in the country. Although many faced great difficulties, some were forced to sell their jewelry, furniture, phones, or take out loans. This has come to the fore in a state-level survey.

In a state-level survey of rural India conducted by Gaon Connection, a media organization, 38 per cent people said they were satisfied with the government's work in support of the Modi government's move to lockdown. On the other hand, another 36% said they were satisfied with the government's move. A total of 74 per cent people are supporting the steps taken by the central government in the lockdown.

According to the survey, 6 per cent villagers said they were satisfied with the work of the state government. Gaon Connection released the survey report on Monday, saying the survey, conducted from May 30 to July 18, polled a total of 25,381 people. According to them, everyone is the main source of income for their family. The survey was male-dominated, with 80% of men taking part.

A team from the Center for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS) in New Delhi designed and analyzed the study. Sanjay Kumar, Professor, CSDS, said, “Based on the survey policy, accreditation and sample size, I cannot say for sure that this is the most comprehensive survey ever conducted, focusing on the impact of lockdown in rural India.” More than 14% of those surveyed said they were satisfied with the work of the Modi government. And 6% of people said they were very satisfied with the work of the Modi government.

According to the survey, seven out of ten people said that the Modi government has done a fairly satisfactory job with migrant workers in the lockdown. And 29 percent of people said they were very satisfied with the government's work. And 44 percent of people said they were satisfied with the government's work. And one in four said the measures taken by the Modi government during the lockdown were bad. 9 percent of them said it was too bad. And 14 percent say it's pretty bad.

Forty percent said the lockdown was severe, and 36 percent said it was more severe than necessary. Eleven percent said the lockdown needed to be tougher. And 4 percent of people said there was no need to lockdown.

.

[ad_2]