BanglaHunt Desk: Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government has made a big announcement for senior air passengers. As a gift, the fare of plane ticket for senior passengers has been reduced by half. According to the Ministry of Civil Aviation, any senior citizen above the age of 60 will get a ticket for Air India at half price.
Such a scheme was decided by Air India long ago. However, the Ministry of Civil Aviation has now approved the decision of Air India. In other words, any senior citizen above 60 in the country can buy his own ticket at half the fair price to board an Air India flight.
All the details in this regard have been given on the Air India website. It says-
- The passenger must be a citizen of India and reside permanently in India.
- He must have turned 70 before boarding the plane.
- Tickets are priced at 50 percent in the Economic Cabin.
- You can travel to any part of India.
- This facility is available only if the ticket is purchased 7 days before the start of the journey.
- You can avail this service for up to 1 year after ticketing.